rGrade integrates performance assessment, portfolios, courses, and standards reporting into a comprehensive program that no other single system possesses:
- Live Rubrics. When teachers build rubrics in rGrade, those rubrics become interactive input devices to use in everyday assessment and grading.
- Standards alignment. rGrade uses a complex model for aligning standards to programs, courses, assignments, and rubrics.
- Site deployments. Unlike most portfolio systems, rGrade is designed to be "owned" by the institution using it. The data stay on campus or your district servers. Hosted solutions are also available.
- Courseware functionalities. We believe performance assessment should be integrated into everyday practice. That is why rGrade integrates portfolio and assessment tools with discourse tools suitable for online learning. rGrade also complements other course management systems.
- Gradebooks. rGrade helps teachers conduct performance assessment alongside traditional grading. The result is a comprehensive gradebook that includes individual and shared assessment instruments and reporting tools.
- Separation of artifact storage from assessment data. This is a key structural difference between rGrade and other systems. By enabling students to use existing publishing tools, rGrade has more integration capacity with existing infrastructure. It also does not lock educators to fixed models of digital portfolios.
- Integration with existing databases. Because rGrade uses industry standard technologies, it can be fully integrated into other systems on campus. Our IT professionals can work with your IT professionals to leverage rGrade's success to your existing investments.
- Customizable. rGrade is highly configurable and customizable. We design the launch solution with you and your staff but continued customization is part of optional license extensions.